Investment Banking – Project Manager
BCMS is a family-owned boutique investment bank that specializes in advising owners of middle-market companies on sale transactions. Founded in the UK in 1989, the Firm has 260+ professionals operating from offices worldwide, including the United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland and Israel. BCMS has successfully completed more than 600 transactions globally in the past ten years, making us one of the world’s leading sell-side advisors to private companies.
We are looking for a high energy Project Manager (PM) to provide day-to-day support for our Senior Investment Bankers (Deal Leaders) on the transactions they lead. PMs coordinate the timely completion of document deliverables and share responsibility for maintaining frequent and communications with clients, including updating them on a weekly basis, receiving constructive feedback from them, and disseminating that feedback among team members. In addition, PMs are responsible for gathering, monitoring, analyzing and presenting performance data to deal team members, for obtaining client approval of key documents, and for producing comprehensive project status reports for clients. The PM also plans travel itineraries, and coordinates related activities and deliverables, including maintaining calendars of appointments and scheduling meetings with clients and prospective acquirers, overseeing the distribution of documents, arranging for catering and conference room set up, etc. The PM inputs data relevant to their projects along with other team members and is responsible for tracking all pertinent project-related details within the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
Preferred Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of three years of project management, administration or similar experience. In addition, candidates should possess exceptional interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The successful applicant will leave us totally confident in their capacity to handle highly-sensitive, confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and possess outstanding client management skills. The candidate must be a resourceful team player, with the ability to be extremely effective working independently. Experience working with CRM systems such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics will be viewed favorably. Previous experience in investment banking, consulting, and/or traditional corporate environments are desirable.
Applicants must have a valid US work permit. We do not secure work visas for candidates.
A resume is required for consideration.
Eligibility to participate in the healthcare plan of BCMS Corporate.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, high energy level, and commitment to excellence
- Capacity and desire to work intensely, efficiently, and independently
- Tenacious at adhering to deadlines, with a strong sense of urgency and ability to define priorities
- Ability to communicate performance by producing reports in an effective and tailored manner
- Strong listening and questioning skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- The ability to work calmly under pressure building positive professional relationships within the organization
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes creative solutions
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritize tasks (strong multi-tasking skills)
- Some familiarity with accounting and financial statements
- Proficient computer and software skills are required, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree