How to partner with BCMS
The BCMS partner network
Corporate Finance advisor BCMS runs a national partnering programme with selected third-party advisors. We currently assist a wide range of advisory organisations, including accountancy firms, business mentors, training and development consultants, lawyers, and wealth managers.
- Partnering with BCMS will help you to deliver successful outcomes for clients who own a business and are considering their exit, succession and/or how to build value ahead of a potential exit
- We can assist you in providing value-added, tailored advice and insights for your clients as they weigh up the biggest business decisions of their lives
- We can help to bridge a possible gap in your experience when it comes to discussing the range of specialist corporate finance options open to your clients
- We have completed hundreds of transactions in our 30+ year trading history across most sectors. We are ideally placed to share our expertise and understanding of the specialist M&A market
- We can provide an expert appraisal of your clients’ businesses, and deliver independent advice on their potential next steps
- Our corporate finance services include strategic trade sales, Private Equity platform investments, value creation and growth strategies, financial analysis, and more
BCMS hosts a networking event at Aston Martin, Bristol
Key benefits for you:
- Access tailored 1-2-1 advice for you and your clients on business growth, sale and exit options
- Help you recognise the signs of a business that’s ready to take the next step – and why
- Assist your clients in their goal of securing the best outcomes for themselves, their business and their staff
- Access our unique Fellows network – hundreds of former BCMS clients who have successfully transacted with BCMS and can offer entrepreneur-to-entrepreneur advice
- Revenue generation via fee share arrangement. For every client you refer to BCMS who engages us as their advisor we will pay you a proportion of our success fee, depending on the service chosen
- Working with BCMS is free to you as a referring partner: there are no membership fees or retainers, and no commitments to provide a minimum number of referrals
What our partners say about working with BCMS
We have regular conversations with clients around their exit strategy from a business, and if a sale is a possibility we refer them to BCMS to understand the process in more detail. This is not a hard sell and BCMS recognise that it might be many years until the business is ready. We would thoroughly recommend a partnership with BCMS to any advisor who works closely with businesses. It really has been a really important partnership for us, and allowed us to do the best by our clients.
Most firms of accountants don’t have a dedicated corporate finance team and don’t specialise in M&A. BCMS do some things far better than we accountants: widening the selection of buyers, managing the data room, explaining the whole process to the client… and of course there is the referral fee when the deal completes. BCMS are set up to talk to clients who are considering a future sale and can be patient until the time is right.
It has been a pleasure working with BCMS on a webinar for our members. The panel of experts that BCMS brought together were highly knowledgeable and provided invaluable insights. In particular, the inclusion of one of their former clients who sold his business in our industry helped our members understand how the advice applied to their businesses.
Contact BCMS to get involved
It is never too early to get BCMS involved in a conversation with a client. Our relationship often starts many years before a transaction of any type happens. These early conversations enable us, and you, to help the shareholders understand what characteristics drive value in their business, what to avoid, and what will make the difference when the time comes take the next step.
How we can work together
If your organisation runs an existing events programme for clients like ours, BCMS can supporting your initiatives – including webinars, live events and member discussion groups – by supplying corporate finance experts and/or our past clients, the BCMS Fellows.
We also run our own events programme, and BCMS would be happy to invite suitable partners to attend future events, or indeed host a tailored session where appropriate.
Our current initiatives include:
- Exclusive and intimate ‘round table’ dinners, where our former clients share their stories, answer your questions in confidence, and provide 1-2-1 advice
- Providing an expert panel for any client events you host, focused on your sector, and your attendees’ needs – see an example here
- Complimentary invitations to high-end events with celebrity speakers – we can invite you and your clients as an introduction to how we work – see an example here
- Provide a subject expert to your business from our network of Fellows and associates, who can speak at your meetings, conferences and events.
Get in touch with us to find out how we can help you, your clients and your networks