BCMS delivers record first quarter of deal making in 2015, with 14 deals completed in March 2015
International Merger and Acquisitions advisor BCMS has experienced its most successful quarter of deal making, with year on year company sales at the end of Q.1 2015 up significantly compared with the first quarter of 2014. The advisory also broke its previous record for the most companies sold in a single month, completing 14 company sales in March 2015.
This impressive first quarter follows a very positive twelve months for BCMS deal makers, with the advisory nominated as a finalist in this year’s 7th Annual International M&A Awards, and the Thames Valley Deal Awards 2015. In 2014, BCMS ranked as the world’s No 1 sell-side advisor to privately owned companies by deals completed, according to data supplied to Bureau van Dijk’s Zephyr database. The company is also listed as the No 1 advisor under the same criteria for Q1 20151. In February, BCMS was also ranked highly within the Thomson Reuters January / February 2015 Insight EMEA Mid Market Report2.
Additionally, BCMS has managed significant international interest on behalf of its clients globally. Cross border transactions now comprise 44% of the advisory’s completed company sales in 2015.
Jonathan Dunn, managing director of BCMS' Major Transactions Team, comments: "These results prove that what BCMS does it does exceptionally well. BCMS prides itself on excellent deal execution and that starts with extensive research, which identifies the best possible acquirers often in international markets."
BCMS’ March 2015 company sales are listed below:
- Biological Preparations Ltd has been acquired by Cleveland Biotech, as part of a £10.4m investment made by NVM Private Equity, to create a new innovative business providing eco-friendly biological cleaning and waste treatment solutions
- Subtech Group, a leading salvage and underwater construction expert along the sub-Saharan coast, was purchased by James Fisher & Sons PLC in a transaction valued at up to £18m
- UK specialist precision engineer and manufacturer Precise Component Manufacture Ltd agreed a growth capital investment from US Private Equity firm Blauvelt Capital Partners
- CUI International Ltd, a medical support products distributor, has been acquired by H&R Healthcare Ltd, a UK distributor of medical devices, which plans to build and develop the business
- Argosy Components Ltd, a specialist supplier of infrastructure cabling, components, and technical solutions to the global broadcast industry, has been acquired by IEWC Inc.
- Uniglobe Smart Travel (Marleen van Dam BV), a business travel agency, based in the Netherlands, has been acquired by Columbus Holland BV
- DeKalb Petroleum, reached a definitive agreement with Cary Oil Co. Inc. to sell its wholesale distribution rights in a transaction managed by BCMS’ US office
- A US-based court reporting services company has been acquired by a legal support solutions provider
- A leading South African communication research consultancy, serving a blue chip client base, has sold a majority stake to a listed market research consultancy
- A US-based high voltage electrical equipment test, maintenance and repair company has been acquired by an electrical life extension products and services organisation
- One of the UK’s largest retailers and suppliers of consumer products and accessories has been acquired by a packaging supply organisation
- South Africa-based thermal engineering specialists have been acquired by electro-mechanical engineering and manufacturing specialists
- A leading industrial products supplier based in South Africa has been acquired by an electronic components organisation
- South Africa-based baked food products manufacturer has been acquired by a high net worth individual
1 BCMS tops the global Zephyr ranking search that includes completed deals by volume in the period 1 January to 31 December 2014. The ranking is for sell-side M&A advisors to privately owned companies. The search terms specifies BCMS’ core activities: completed trade acquisitions, Management Buy-Outs (MBOs) and Management Buy Ins (MBIs). The sale of publicly listed companies is not included. Data search date: 16/01/15.and 9/4/2015© BvD/Zephyr