Masterclass: How to sell your business for maximum value
Whether your main business goal is to fund your retirement, build an investment portfolio, or finance family commitments, the chances are that everything you’ve worked for is tied up in your business.
More than 100 UK firms change hands every week, but thousands more businesses on the market never sell. Therefore, the decision on when and how to sell all or part of your business needs your attention right now – even if your planned ‘exit’ is some way off.
But where do you start? You could spend your evenings or weekends sifting through the torrent of online advice. Or you can save time by learning the basics of the business sale process at our educational masterclass. Featuring first-hand advice from entrepreneurs who have successfully sold, it’s a great first step on your business sale journey.
It all takes place at Weetwood Hall Estate, a stunning 17th Century Jacobean Manor House set amongst nine acres of beautiful woodlands and gardens, on Tuesday, 3 March 2020, starting at 6pm.
In just one evening, we will take you through every step of your business sale journey – from when to prepare to how to work through an earnout period. Specifically, you will learn:
- The right and wrong time to sell a business
- How to prepare your business for sale
- How to let the right people know you’re on the market
- Where to find the best buyers
- The serious problem with traditional valuation methods
- The eight critical issues that are usually neglected
- How long it takes to sell and key milestones
In our 30 years in business, thousands of entrepreneurs and shareholders have attended this event to learn how to boost their chances of selling while also maximising the value of the company.
As Marc Noel, who sold Impress Sensors said: “Much of what was said at the BCMS Masterclass played out for us. We had competition, multiple offers, and uplift on the price. We knew if the best offer fell through, that we still had a plan B and plan C.”
Who’s running this?
Using simple concepts and principles, BCMS has developed the most disruptive business sale process in our industry to ensure vendor shareholders get maximum value and the right deal for their business when the time comes to sell. Presented by BCMS Chairman and founding director Dave Rebbettes, the masterclass gives you tips and insights from more than 600 business sales completed by BCMS over the last decade alone.
There will be a unique opportunity to put your questions to the experts in an open Q&A session, where the panel includes wealth management specialists Brewin Dolphin, national law firm Freeths LLP and former BCMS clients, who have been there, done that and sold up. They’ll offer first-hand perspectives and advice on what it really feels like to sell a company – and the opportunities to transform your business that a sale could bring.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Owner directors exploring the business sale process
- Business owners looking to retire
- Family firms who need help with succession
- Co-shareholders with differing agendas
- Entrepreneurs looking to get their business to the next level
WHAT TO DO NEXT
- Book now to secure your place
- Can’t make it? Find out how long it takes to sell a business in this informative 40-minute webinar
- For specific industry advice and a bespoke assessment of the saleability of your business, please get in touch to arrange a meeting with a senior business consultant.
In partnership with:
This event is held in partnership with our trusted partners, Brewin Dolphin and Freeths. When booking onto this event, you are giving your consent for your personal data to be shared exclusively with these partners. If you provide us with information relating to your dietary or special access requirements, you consent to BCMS processing this data with the event venue to help us meet your needs. Your personal data will not be shared with any further third parties.
To book your place, please complete our booking form or simply call us on 0118 207 9800.