How to prepare for an unexpected offer on your business
'How would you react if someone asked to buy your business?'
In the UK, where more than 9000 businesses change hands every year, unsolicited offers from acquisitive organisations are on the rise. And whether your firm is for sale or not, you need to be prepared.
We filmed the whole session, and it’s now available as an essential two-part webinar, supplemented with exclusive resources and downloads, including the whitepaper How to handle an offer for your business.
The panel delve deep into their experiences, offering key tips and advice for business owners, answering questions from the audience such as;
- What does it feel like to sell? What kind of experience is it?
- How do you generate international interest in businesses for sale?
- To whom should you sell if you have multiple offers on the table?
- What are the catalysts that bring you from considering the sale of a business to taking the plunge?
- How do you manage confidentiality and due diligence across multiple offers?
- What kind of things can business owners do to de-risk a business for acquirers?
- Which are the key financial issues business owners should consider ahead of any sale?
- What are business owners on the panel doing now they have sold?