What Made Me Sell – Exploring the Motives of Business Owners
Have you ever wondered how or why you would leave your business?
Sometimes it's planned, sometimes factors from inside or outside the business indicate it's time to make a plan to move on.
Join us for an inspiring webinar with three former clients from two companies joining BCMS experts on the sofa for a webinar exploring the triggers and catalysts that lead to a business sale.
We quizzed former business owners about their motivations to build and sell a business, ask them to take us through their experiences and reflect on where they are now and how the decision to sell has affected their lives.
Dr. Alisa and Robert Miller, founders of PCM Healthcare will share their experience of selling their communications business, and David Fennell former owner of Kent Social Care Professionals ltd. will impart wisdom from his built-to-sell care home enterprise.
During the webinar, we will also look at the changing profile of ‘the business owner who is ready to sell’ and how this is affecting the wider business landscape.
Within an hour we will discuss:
- Indicators that it’s the right time to sell
- The most popular business sale motives
- Insight into the changing profile of business owners
- The experiences of business owners who have sold
Sharing their stories and advice in this webinar are;
- Dr Alisa & Rob Miller, former shareholders, PCM Healthcare. Husband and wife team Dr Alisa Miller and Rob Miller started PCM healthcare, an agency delivering healthcare communication and education media, 10 years ago. Their story took some unexpected turns ultimately leading to the sale to media marketing services group Cogora who valued their high levels of technical expertise and clinical knowledge.
- David Fennell, former shareholder, Kent Social Care Professionals. David is a knowledgeable entrepreneur and business owner who had a clear vision of the direction he wanted to take Kent Social Care Professionals in. Over the last 20 years David has acted as CEO or Director in the health and social care employment sector, he used his experience to take an objective approach to starting and then selling a business.
- Jonathan Dunn, Managing Director of BCMS Major Transactions Group. Jonathan is a seasoned Corporate Financier, having worked in M&A for over 20 years. A qualified Chartered Accountant, he started his career at BDO Stoy Hayward, and moved to Ernst & Young in the late 1990s. Jonathan joined BCMS in 2010 to lead the Major Transactions Group, responsible for large company sales, he now leads a specialist team advising on a wide range of deal types.
Hear two contrasting stories about the sale of two businesses in this on-demand webinar for business owners