Maintaining Business Performance Post-Sale -The Truth About Earn Outs
Will an earn-out shackle you to your business post-sale?
In this one-hour webinar, we delve into the world of earn-outs, what they are and why they should be examined as an option when selling your business.
Business sale experts from BCMS are joined by an entrepreneurial business owner who is living through an earn-out, Deborah Richards will share her experiences with you.
You’ll learn the truth about earn-outs and how with the right advice and approach you can continue to drive value into your business beyond the point of sale.
You will learn:
- What the term ‘earn-out’ really means
- The benefits and drawbacks of an earn-out
- About real businesses sale examples
- From the experiences of a business owner who is in the middle of an earn-out
- Insight into adoption and trends in earn-out
All of this information will be imparted to you by an expert panel of experienced advisors and our guest entrepreneur:
- Deborah Richards, Managing Director, TPT, A former director of Rail Estates at Network Rail, Deborah Richards sold her company, Travel Point Trading – which manages the commercial portfolio of key rail stations across the UK – to Amey plc in December 2015. She has remained with the business post-sale as Managing Director and is part way through an earn-out
- Duncan Wade, Director, BCMS. Duncan joined BCMS in August 2016 from Ernst & Young Corporate Finance. He focuses on advising privately owned companies, management teams and sponsors and on sell-side, buy-side and capital structuring/debt financing transactions. Duncan has previously held the title of Chief Development Officer, Corporate Finance Director and Chief Financial Officer so has experience covering sell-side, buy-side, management advisory, capital structuring, debt financing and corporate recovery
- Jonathan Dunn, Managing Director of BCMS Major Transactions Group. Jonathan is a seasoned Corporate Financier, having worked in M&A for over 20 years. A qualified Chartered Accountant, he started his career at BDO Stoy Hayward, and moved to Ernst & Young in the late 1990s. Jonathan joined BCMS in 2010 to lead the Major Transactions Group, responsible for large company sales, he now leads a specialist team advising on a wide range of deal types
- With market intelligence from Rachael Elliott, Insight Manager at BCMS
What is an earn-out? When it comes to selling your business there are a lot of different deal structures, find out how you could achieve a greater value by building in an earn-out period in this webinar.