From M&A to LBO – Demystify Business Sale Jargon
Can you navigate business sale jargon?
In this webinar, we set out to demystify the jargon commonly used during the sale and acquisition process. This session will provide you with a depth of understanding of the different deal structures out there, and demonstrate how the right type of deal can help you unlock the lifestyle you are looking for.
We will cover the basic deal types and identify the choices you have to determine the future sustainability of the business you have built and to build your future.
All of this information will be imparted to you by an expert panel of experienced advisors: Jonathan Dunn, Managing Director of BCMS Major Transactions Group, Duncan Wade, Director BCMS and Leon Arnold, Head of Corporate at Freeths Solicitors, with market intelligence from Rachael Elliott, Insight Manager at BCMS.
Within an hour you will learn:
- To master the jargon associated with selling a business
- To understand different deal types, reasons and outcomes
- The types of buyer are attracted by different deal structures
- Real-world case studies
- Financial implications and opportunities post-sale
- Trends in acquisition deals
- Jonathan Dunn, Managing Director of BCMS Major Transactions Group. Jonathan is a seasoned Corporate Financier, having worked in M&A for over 20 years. A qualified Chartered Accountant, he started his career at BDO Stoy Hayward, and moved to Ernst & Young in the late 1990s. Jonathan joined BCMS in 2010 to lead the Major Transactions Group, responsible for large company sales, he now leads a specialist team advising on a wide range of deal types.
- Leon Arnold, Partner, Freeths. Leon is the head of the Oxford corporate team at Freeths and has over 15 years’ experience of advising the corporate sector. Prior to joining Freeths in November 2013, Leon led Thomas Eggar's M&A team. Whilst in London, he worked at Olswang & Nabarro. He has acted on corporate deals ranging from £500k to £100m, and his particular specialist areas include acquisitions & disposals, private equity & MBOs, corporate finance and director & shareholder advisory. Comments about Leon in legal profession directories include being recommended for being “commercial and sophisticated” and an “enthusiastic lawyer who doesn’t blind clients with legal science”. He is ranked in both Chambers & Partners legal directory and the Legal 500.
- Duncan Wade, Director, BCMS. Duncan joined BCMS in August 2016 from Ernst & Young Corporate Finance. He focuses on advising privately owned companies, management teams and sponsors and on sell-side, buy-side and capital structuring/debt financing transactions. Duncan has previously held the title of Chief Development Officer, Corporate Finance Director and Chief Financial Officer so has experience covering sell-side, buy-side, management advisory, capital structuring, debt financing and corporate recovery.
- Rachael Elliott, Insight Manager, BCMS. Rachael is an experienced leader of insight-driven research with over 15 years’ experience in the professional and financial services industries. Rachael joined BCMS from BDO LLP where she lead the Research Team within corporate finance and assisted deal teams in better understanding the markets and competitive dynamics in which their clients operated. Rachael has also worked as an investment banking analyst at HSBC and started her career as a competitive intelligence consultant.
- Mark Bentley, Managing Editor, BCMS. Mark is the host of this webinar. He heads up the expert creative team responsible for producing tailored sales and marketing content on behalf of BCMS clients. An experienced journalist, Mark manages PR and media initiatives at BCMS, and acts as compère for our acclaimed panel evening events for business owners.
Thinking of selling your business? Watch this on-demand webinar to get to grips with terminology commonly used during the business sale process.