- Exciting, newly created business development position at employee-owned M&A advisor
- Hybrid working, highly competitive salary/benefits
- To apply, email your CV to: HR@bcms.com
Employee-owned corporate finance advisor BCMS is seeking a talented, dynamic and self-starting individual to join our sales and marketing team as Deal Originator.
This an exciting, newly created business development role, focused around researching, profiling and engaging directly with the shareholders of private companies.
With a strong emphasis on insight, content, and account management, this role represents the opportunity to join a specialist corporate finance firm, with a unique working culture, at a transformative time in our 30+ year trading history. Based near Newbury, and co-owned by all its employees, BCMS works across multiple sectors, advising ambitious privately owned SME/mid-market businesses on their growth and business sale options.
Reporting to and working closely with the Sales & Marketing Director, you’ll identify target businesses that could qualify as potential new BCMS clients, and create tailored approach material to engage them. Your responsibilities will include the production of deal commentary and market insights, to support our potential clients through the nurturing and onboarding phase.
You’ll be an important, highly valued member of the team, with significant accountability for our business development pipeline. As such, this varied, fulfilling role would suit a proactive, driven individual looking to apply existing skills to exciting new areas, develop their career, enhance their professional profile and assume more direct client-facing responsibility.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Proven research and account management skills, ideally within a business development environment
- Excellent IT capabilities, including competence in the use of databases and datasets
- Commercial and financial acumen, including an ability to read and understand company statutory and management accounts
- Brilliant communication skills, and the ability to present insights and findings both verbally and in written reports/presentations, to a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills, and an ability to prioritise and work under pressure to deadlines
- Educated to degree level or equivalent; relevant career experience/track record in professional services roles
What does the role entail?
A full job description can be provided, but core responsibilities include:
- Building an understanding of key industry sectors including Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) activity, and the factors influencing the marketplace
- Researching and engaging each identified potential client target, and creating tailored messaging based on each company’s characteristics and recent activity
- Attending and supporting business development meetings and pitches
- Supporting each potential client’s journey with nurturing content and messaging
- Developing personal relationships with partners and prospective clients, to originate leads and subsequently nurture them
- Data management/updates of all touchpoints on the in-house CRM system
To register your interest, email HR@bcms.com